Vacancy Announcement: Vice Dean
Nanjing Medical University School of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics
Nanjing Medical University (NMU), founded in 1934,is a key institution of higher learning sponsored by Jiangsu Province and one of the medical universities (first batch) co-sponsored by the Ministry of Education, National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China and Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government.NMU boasts 3 national key disciplines, 1 national key cultivation discipline, 29 national key clinical specialties, 2 Jiangsu provincial level 1 key disciplines, and 3 Jiangsu provincial level 1 key cultivation disciplines. In the fourth round of national discipline assessment, public health and preventive medicine was rated A+ in 54 participating universities across the country. Seven disciplines – Clinical Medicine, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology & Biochemistry, Neuroscience & Behavior, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Immunology and General Social Sciences have ranked top 1% worldwide in ESI Rankings, of which Clinical Medicine has entered top 1‰. Currently NMU has 1 state-level key laboratory, 1 state-level international joint research center, 4 ministry-level key laboratories, 20 provincial-level key laboratories (engineering centers) and 2 provincial-level collaborative innovation centers.
The School of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics of NMU was established in March 2018, consisting of five departments: Department of Biomedical Engineering, Department of Bioinformatics, Department of Medical Informatics, Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, and Department of Physics. In 2005, Biomedical Engineering was accredited as a master program of level 1 discipline. NMU set up the Department of Biomedical Engineering and enrolled the first batch of undergraduate student since 2006 and graduate students in 2007. In 2016, clinical medical engineering, an interdisciplinary discipline, was accepted as a PhD program and started recruiting doctoral students. Now it is a Jiangsu provincial level 1 key cultivation discipline.
By prioritizing discipline construction, faculty development, and educational quality, by integrating medicine, engineering and science, as well as by balancing education, research, and industry, the School firmly sticks to the following strategies: opening up, relying on science and education, giving full play to talented personnel, and brand building. The school targets 4 key areas, i.e. biomedical materials and technology, medical devices and equipment, bioinformatics and medical informatics. At present, there are 56 full-time faculty members (mostly young and middle-aged), specializing in medicine, engineering, biology, mathematics, informatics, computer sciences and physics respectively. Besides, a number of professors are from affiliated hospitals and large enterprises.
Based on deep integration of medicine, engineering and science, the school prioritizes biomedical information technology, emphasizes serving clinical practices, and focuses on new technology development in health and medicine. Based on the above-mentioned concepts and practice, the School is committed to producing young talents characterized by solid professional background, clinical exposure, innovative awareness, and practical mindset. The School now has 3 undergraduate programs: Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, and Medical Information Engineering. Nearly 400 students are enrolled in undergraduate, master, and PhD programs.
I. Job Position: Vice Dean of the School of Biomedical Engineering and Informatics
The applicants are supposed to meet the following requirements:
1. Support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, love the cause of education, and familiarize with the laws of higher education. Have robust background of biomedical engineering or medicine-related disciplines, rich management experience, and strong organizing and coordinating skills. The applicants are preferable if they once served in a main management position in schools, departments, research institutes or laboratories of domestic or international prestigious universities.
2. Have a doctorate degree and senior professional title at prestigious universities or research institutes home or abroad. Be well-informed of the latest development of the discipline and have made high academic achievements or landmark results. We prefer those who are state-level talent plan winners or national award winners.
3. Have good ideology and morality, professional ethics, personal qualities, innovation awareness, communication and coordination skills and teamwork spirit.
4. Be in good health, and generally no more than 45 years old. Age restriction could be relaxed for those who are especially excellent.
5. Be able to work full time in the school during the term.
III. Remuneration Package
According to the Nanjing Medical University Talent Incentive Plan, the corresponding position allowance, family allowance, salary and research start-up funds would be offered and help could be provided in children's nursery and school enrollment, and spouse's job hunting. Details could be negotiable.
IV. Selection Process
1. The applicants should apply by providing the following documents via email or by mail:
Application Form (see attachment);
Scanned or copied ID card (passport), diploma and degree certificate, professional title certificate (employment), award-winning achievement certificate, representative academic papers (in the past five years), and employment documents (appointment).
Application will be accepted as of the date of the announcement, and the deadline is June 30th, 2019.
2. The university will conduct qualification reviews and determine interview candidates.
3. Candidates need to participate in the interview according to the university notice, and are required to provide all the original documents. The expert group will conduct comprehensive evaluation and inspection of the candidates.
4. Based on the assessment results, employment contract will be signed.
V. Contact Information
Address: Organization Department of the Party Committee of Nanjing Medical University, No. 101 Longmian Avenue, Jiangning District, Nanjing 211166, Jiangsu, China
Nanjing Medical University
May 21, 2019